Day 8: "Today, pray for the Lord to raise up workers for the harvest from your church and community. Ask Him to call Christians to go to the "fields of the fatherless" to experience the joy of caring for orphans as we are commanded in Isaiah 1:16-17...."Give up your wicked ways. Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the orphan. Fight for the right of widows."
If you would like to get involved with Two Hearts for Hope, visit our website and fill out our volunteer form! There are many ways to get involved with our organization.
1) Pray: All of the orphans in Kazakhstan and Russia have a name and a story. They are real children waiting for a family but unfortunately only 15% will ever find one. We can still make a difference in their lives with prayer. The power of prayer is very real and evident. Please keep the orphans of Kazakhstan and Russia in your daily prayers.
2) Organize a donation drive: We are always in need of physical donations for the children we visit. A great way to support us is to organize a donation drive in your church, school or community.
3) Participate in "An Orphan's Hope 5K": Our 5K will be held at Edwin Warner Park in Nashville on the 22nd! Join us for a family fun day as we walk or run for the orphans in Kazakhstan and Russia! If you can't join us this year please consider becoming a sponsor. 100% of the money raised will go towards the Ust-Kamenogorsk window restoration project.
4) Join us on a mission trip
5) Donate: 98% of donations provide basic necessities to orphans living in Kazakhstan and Russia. We do not receive any compensation for our work. Each person associated with our organization is a volunteer. All cash gifts are tax-deductible.
6) Shop in our store!
"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice in the world when He can do something about it, but I am afraid He will ask me the same thing!"